Last night I bent my hammer.
yes, you read that right. my hammer, bent, by me. I was trying to get my painting ready for my...first...art...show...ever! ok, well, i did a group show at the church and now this is a group show, but whatever. i'm excited.
although, i'm not having good signs about this show. you know already, that i bent my hammer while putting hooks in the back of my paintings. I also didn't realize one of my oil paintings was still just a smig wet and did a great job getting it all over my Spring purse and my face, neck and hands. Bye, bye purse, hello exfoliating soap. Thankfully the painting was in a bag and didn't get all over the car. And the gallery person, didn't get my check. She has moved and I've mailed my check to the wrong place. hmmm...3s a charm.
I'm not letting all this worry me. As, I'm just doing this for fun. And fun it SHALL be! On the up notes, I got to leave all my work. And I've finally framed or put hooks on the back of everything. I have a baby sitter for Wednesday night, so M gets to go with me. We haven't gone and done anything out (of the house) as adults in who knows how long. Sad to say, I can't really remember. And a bunch of my friends said they would roll out to this event and check it out.
So, here's to stepping out of my comfort zone (aka the house) and doing something different. :)
ps. thanks for all the birthday wishes!!! i hope whomever wins, enjoys the book!
Tuesday, April 06, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh fun fun fun! I love getting to do art shows (rip cute purse - thanks for sure what to send you for your birthday(I know I'm late very late.) I was thinking either Amazon gift card or Sonic or ??? What sounds fun?
Post a Comment