The first thought that flashed through my mind is...quick, get in the car and drive it up to school. You can catch him before he gets into class. But, then I stopped and thought for a minute...no, he's the one who left it. He will have to suffer the consequences.
Perhaps, I shouldn't be so tough. That is, until you get all the facts.
- Yesterday, he brought home this book from the school library. He already had the same book at home and was reading it. When I asked him about it, he replied that it was because he had forgotten to bring it to school. So, he checked it out of the library, and thus have one copy at home and one copy at school. He now has two copies at home.
- This morning, I went upstairs to the game room and found a math paper with the heading "Variables" and lots questions that were answered in his handwritting. I asked Big Kid if this was his homework. First answer, "no." Then, "Oh, yeah. Can you bring it down for me?" He was engrossed in his game on the computer. I brought it down and put it on top of his backpack.
- Next, I went into his room, picked up the laundry off the floor, made the bed and found his library book. I called down to him, "do you need this book today?" The automatic response, "no." Wait a minute, "oh, wait. Yeah. I need that. Can you bring it down to me?" He was playing on the computer. I respond, "No, come up here and get it." He trugged up the stairs and took the book.
I thought he'd put the book in his backpack and go back to playing. But, i was wrong and here it sits. And here i sit, too. What more is a girl to do?


1 comment:
Shoot the computer.
P
Post a Comment