Thursday, June 23, 2011

what?!? you want to look at my tomatoes?



Well, OK, but just this once.
 
So these are the tomatoes that I have been growing off of my $30 plant. Yes, t-h-i-r-t-y dollars. That is what I paid for my tomato plant.  It seems after the last 5 years of trying to grow tomatoes, I finally decided that I would just buy the most expensive already grown with little baby tomatoes plant and see if it would live.  Well, my plant looks horrid with brown leaves and stems leaning over the tomato cage stretching out to the ground, but I don't care. I have tomatoes from those scraggly branches. It may not have been the prettiest way to grow tomatoes and I might not be winning anything at the county fair, but I do have enough to share.  Yes.

These are my pet squirrels. I can go for days without seeing them.  Then I put out some food and viola, they reappear.  Even better they don't eat my tomatoes.  Maybe because of the crazy amount of bird seed I put out for these dudes.  I use the word dudes, becaue that is the favorite word of my son and his friends and I think it just rubbed off on me.  Oh, no. Ok. off to plan a menu that includes tomatoes, my son will be thrilled.  

1 comment:

TheSmellyArmpit said...

YUM!!! Oh, I miss having the garden or a plant. lol BUT we do have some GREAT farmers' stands around here for veggies and jams and such. mmmmm.

 MageeBaby